- Niagara Falls is the most popular day trip for visitors to Toronto.
- Niagara Falls began at the end of the ice age, 12,000 years ago, and has eroded back 1 m (3 ft) per year over a distance of 11 kilometers (7 miles) to its current location.
- The first person to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel was a 63-year-old schoolteacher from Michigan. Annie Taylor tackled the Falls in 1901 and survived.
- Jesse Sharpe, a 28 year old from Tennessee, went over Niagara Falls in a kayak on June 5, 1990. Robert Overacker, a 39 year old from California, used a jet ski to go over Niagara Falls on October 1, 1995. Neither of them survived.
- On October 20, 2003, Kirk Jones, a 40-year-old Michigan man, intentionally went over Niagara Falls without any protection and survived. He swam out at the bottom.
- Over five million horsepower or four million kW hours of electricity are generated by the Niagara River.
- During the War of 1812 between the United States and Great Britain, over 80% of the land battles took place along the Niagara River.
- On December 24, 1814, the Americans and British signed the Treaty of Ghent, called the Peace of Christmas Eve. With the conclusion of the war, peace was returned to the world's longest undefended border.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake was home for Ontario’s Parliament. Among other noteworthy legislative achievements, the world’s first anti-slavery law was passed here in 1793.
- The world's first railroad suspension bridge was erected over the Niagara River in 1848.
Niagara Falls from Toronto Airport, Toronto Niagara Falls Canada, Toronto Tours Bus:
Niagara Falls Zoom Tours offers Niagara Falls Day Tour from Toronto via Niagara on the Lake with a wide variety of sightseeing tours, cruises, and activities in Toronto, Canada. Take Niagara Falls Sightseeing Tour with us and explores the magnificent Niagara Falls at most affordable prices.
Niagara Falls Zoom Tours operates affordable tours from Toronto, Ontario, Canada to Niagara Falls. For $79 per person, our return-trip tour packages includes:
Business travellers from out of town and international tourists from around the world, including Germany, England and the United States, have enjoyed the Niagara Falls Zoom Tours Niagara experience. From Toronto to Niagara Falls and back, all in a day